Monday, January 12, 2009

So...They Say It's Your Birthday?!!

Well, ok, it was. I turned 48 last Friday. Wow...I cannot believe I'm that old.

To celebrate, we took the day off work and went to the Dallas Safari Club show with Doug and Diane Dickey and Mike Magnotti. I was amazed at how large it was. I expected it to be in the convention center in downtown Dallas, but it was at Market Hall and included three huge rooms. There was lots of good shopping (clothing, jewelry and art) along with all the other booths.

After the show, we went to the Anatole for a drink then on to lower Greenville for dinner at The Grape.

Mike's wife, Trina, joined us. Below is a picture of Mike and Trina:



And...here's a picture of Diane and Doug:



Then...there's us:



Gary ordered the cake from his friends, Brack and Sharon, at Creative Memories bakery in Hurst. They crafted a wine bottle out of red velvet cake (which is my all-time favorite):



Celebrating my "special" day with friends and my handsome hubby helped me forget about my new age and remember how precious each day is.

No comments: