Sunday, March 29, 2009

Terri on Horseback with the Crazy Horse, Dakota

Normally, we don't let rookies ride Dakota (aka "Crazy Horse), but they bonded during an initial grooming session:





I turned my back to take some pictures of Gary's first riding lesson, and the next thing I know, Maggie is leading Terri on Dakota toward me.





OK, I think she's enjoying this:



Well...at least she's staying on:



They even did the "keyhole":



So...what was the secret? Terri's special grooming technique, or the fact that Dakota was following his favorite person? Inquiring minds want to know...



Maybe it's the special helmet:



Or...maybe Dakota has just mellowed:



It could just be Terri's gentle nature, or maybe she's a "horse whisperer". Whatever happened, I just hope she enjoyed the ride.

No comments: