Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Mags and I celebrated the new year with Dakota and Ranger riding the scenic pastures at Bar K R Ranch this afternoon. Yesterday, it was cold and rainy, and Dakota and Ranger were not happy boys. We ran out to blanket them, and they were cold, wet and grouchy.

Thanks to the sunshine today, they were in a much better mood so Mags and I decided to do a little trail riding out in the pastures.



Look at Dakota swishing his tail, arching his neck, and prancing in the field:



Whoah! He must have seen me pull out the camera and stopped for a pose:



We heard the cross-eyed mini-mule braying so we went over to see what was wrong with her. She was missing her pasture-mates, Rootbeer and Red, who were on a trail ride over in the mare's pasture.



Check out the smile on my girl! When Dakota's happy, she's happy.



Or...maybe when she's happy, Dakota's happy.



This one is missing a rider. We'll have to remedy that immediately...or as soon as that cinch gets tightened a little bit.



Hey! Wait for me!



Squirrel! I mean...geese! When I have a camera in my hands, I'm easily distracted just like that dog in "Up".



You're not waiting! Oh, please don't make me trot to catch up. You're gonna make me trot, aren't you?



Maybe I'll just wait here...and take some more pictures of the geese.



Yeah...that sounds like a much better plan.



We wish everyone a happy and healthy 2010!

No comments: