Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The RV Tub at the Cabin

I wish I had gotten a picture of the tub in our bathroom at the cabin. It was tiny. Gary is positive that it was an RV tub. Maggie hated it and mostly refused to shower while at the cabin. Gary hated it and would only shower if he had to. Being smaller in stature than the other two, I didn't mind it so much.

But I was tired of hanging out with those grungy, smelly things so I suggested that we remodel the bathroom for our 18th anniversary this year.

Gary hired our friend, Bruce, to come up and stain/seal the exterior of the cabin and remodel the bathroom. I've got to tell you, I love what he's done. Here are some photos:



Bruce laid the tile at a diagonal on the walls, then laid a strip of rocks and squared off the tiles on the top.



He put in a rainforest shower head.



And put flat river rocks on the floor pan.



Gary's going to order a glass door, but for now, the old shower curtain will have to do.

I'm just glad the other two Goodman's can shower at the cabin.

Pictures don't really do it justice. The bathroom is just too small to get in there without a fisheye lens.

The master carpenter at work:



Bruce, we love you! Great job.

No comments: